- By Train and Bus from San Francisco or Emeryville. See how the transportation works.
- Single travelers welcome!
- Comfortable seating on the train and fullsize YARTS bus with restroom and i-phone etc outlet
- Travel from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park on day 1 and then to Los Angeles on day 2
- 1 night at Yosemite Valley Lodge inside the park or Yosemite View Lodge in El Portal (option)
- Travel via train and YARTS bus
- 2 hours Valley Floor Tour run by Yosemite National Park
Yosemite National Park
This itinerary is ideal for travel from San Francisco to Los Angeles and see Yosemite. Instead of doing a one day tour returning to San Francisco ($156), spending the night ($100 per person) and then flying to Los Angeles ($150 to $200 including transfers, etc) this trip is more leisurely and cost effective saving up to $100 per person.
Day 1: Travel to Yosemite (227 miles) by Amtrak train and YARTS bus
Pick up from almost any hotel in central San Francisco area between 6:15 and 6:45 a.m. Comfortable Amtrak train from Emeryville connecting to YARTS bus at Merced leaving at 11:00 reaching Yosemite Valley Lodge near The Falls by 1:25 p.m. This link shows how the transportation works.
*VALLEY FLOOR TOUR. 2 hours. 26 miles
On this two-hour tour, park rangers introduce some of Yosemite’s most famous sightseeing points in Yosemite Valley and describe the history, geology, plant and animal life of the region. This year-round Yosemite Valley Floor tour provides a fuller knowledge and enjoyment of the park. Open-air trams operate from late spring through early fall. From late October through April, tour in an enclosed and heated motor coach with large windows allowing unimpeded views of Yosemite’s famous sights.
For El Portal, YARTS Bus from Yosemite Valley Lodge leaves several times between 4:00 and 8:00 p.m. Takes about 25 minutes.
Yosemite Valley Lodge:
Deluxe room with two beds & private bath, TV, refrigerator, and coffee maker. Dinner and breakfast available.
2nd Day - Travel to Los Angeles:
66 miles to Merced by bus, 168 miles by train to Bakersfield and 100 miles bus to Los Angeles
Instructions for day 2 - Travel to Los Angeles:
Check out by 9:45 a.m. At 10:00 YARTS bus picks up at Yosemite Valley Lodge taking you to Merced arriving at AMTRAK station by 12:17. Check in with the ticket agent to exchange the reserved e-ticket for the Train # 714 leaving at 12:59. The train takes you through the rich agricultural area of San Joaquin, parts of California that will surprise you, rarely seen by tourists. Reaching Bakersfield at 4:11 p.m. transfer to Amtrak connecting bus leaving at 4:20. You should reach Los Angeles Union Station at 6:40 p.m. Super Shuttle provides transfers to LAX at $17 per person.
- 2 days transportation including free luggage space
- Yosemite Park entrance fee
- 2 hour Valley Floor Tour including Tunnel View
- Room and tax for one night at Yosemite Valley Lodge inside the park
- No hidden cost such as fuel charge and e.t.c
Note: Actual times will be given to you when boarding the tour. If you have any questions, contact us.
2 DAYS YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK TOUR TO LOS ANGELES STAY AT YOSEMITE VALLEY LODGE
Available almost daily except on certain holidays and weekends
COST PER PERSON - 2017
2 days 1 night
Optional Hotel: Yosemite View Lodge in El Portal (only those with small bag or need to store suitcases at Merced Amtrak station for $5 per night) Cost is same as round trip from San Francisco shown here Yosemite 2 Days Tour
Tour price per person in U.S. Dollars includes room and taxes. Child rate applies up to age 5 to 11 sharing room with adult.